Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012
Taken the year after the drought at our Magnolia home.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Essential Oils 101

I have been very interested in the green herbs of the earth for over 15 yrs now. To put in very simple terms essential oils are basically a concentrated herb. I have found someone who has writen it in easy to read article. Here it is

What is an essential oil?

The essential oil of a plant is its “life blood” because the oil protects it from disease, provides nutrients and helps to repel insects.

Essential Oils were mankind’s first medicine!  God created plants in the beginning and the oils were used for healing and anointing all throughout Scripture.  Today, they are still used to bring health and healing to the body (physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally.)  The essential oil can be found in the plant’s flower, stem, leaves, bark or fruit. 
Essential oils are very complex containing hundreds or thousands of different chemical compounds; this is what gives each plant its unique healing attributes and characteristics.  Young Living essential oils areTherapeutic grade essential oils – they are quickly absorbed by the body when applied topically. The oils work on every system in the body on a cellular level to assist in the elimination of toxins.The fragrance of the oils works on the limbic system in the brain where emotions are stored. Essential oils can help release emotional trauma, relax and clear the mind.

Essential oils do what???  Sounds too good to be true.

Therapeutic grade essential oils do the following:

  • reach every cell in your body within 21 minutes when applied topically to the body
  • eliminate toxins in your body
  • regenerate DNA
  • have the capability of passing the “blood-brain” barrier (chemotherapy cannot)
  • work on emotions via the limbic system of your brain when inhaled
  • release emotional trauma, relax and clear the mind
  • transport nutrients to starving human cells
  • powerful antioxidants
  • increase atmospheric oxygen
  • remove toxins in the air
  • increase ozone and negative ions in the area which inhibit bacterial growth

Essential oils must be therapeutic or medicinal grade in order to maintain its healing properties.

This means the plants were grown organically or in the wild, without chemical fertilizers or pesticides. They must be harvested at the correct time of year and distilled properly without chemical solvents or additives. The majority of oils found in the flavor and fragrance industries do not fulfill these therapeutic standards because the oils have been created synthetically or manipulated in some fashion. Only 2% of oils produced are therapeutic grade.
*To be fair I will tell you this info came a website by Carrie Raab. http://younglivingoillady.com/essential-oils/essential-oil/
**I do not endorse Young Living Oils. She sells it. I will say that they do carry a high quality therapeutic grade ess oils that I trust. I do not like their multilevel marketing system that makes everything so expensive to pay for everyone's bonuses and such. I do buy Thieves Cleaner from a friend that sells YL. I personally buy from Heritage Essential Oils (HEO). I do not believe one person owns the monopoly on high quality therapeutic essential oils. I believe HEO sells high quality therapeutic essential oils with out the multilevel marking system, that makes prices go up.  Here's HEO's webpage and there is alot of information on there to help you make informed decisions. If you choose to email HEO, you will be answered in a timely and courteous manner. I have receive no financial returns of any kind from HEO. I just like to encourage the sells for a company I stand behind. Please tell them I sent you, if you choose to buy from them. They like to see how their company is growing. This company is growing from word of mouth, there is no advertising or MLM to pay for, that is why their prices are lower.

***Here's equal opportunity. Above I gave you the link to a YL distributor. Here's the link to HEO, it is a family run business in the Waco, TX area.
http://heritageessentialoils.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment