Homemade Cherry Cough Syrup
2 cups cherries
1 cup water or herbal tea
1 whole lemon, sliced
2 cups honey
Simmer this mixture on the stove on low heat for 30
minutes. Strain to remove cherry pits, lemon slices and
seeds. If you are using an herbal tea, I suggest one that
contains wild cherry bark, elder berries or flowers, or
licorice.
Strain into a glass jar & store on the refrigerator. Use 1-2 teaspoons per child.
NOTE: I was looking over this recipe & when I saw it said you can use herbal tea instead of water, I thought how if you didn't have any herbs on hand you could buy a box of throat coat tea at your local grocery store or health food store. You could make the amount of herbal tea needed with that & use that in place of water in this recipe. It would probably turn out great. I think I'll try that next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment